Overseen by Professor Achille Mbembe, the program consists forty (40) researchers and it straddles the traditional gap between Anglophone, Arabophone, Francophone, and Lusophone scholarly societies.NOTE: An applicant is only permitted to apply in one (1) Cluster.Visit Award Webpage for Details
They will be expected to:(1) Sahel/Sahara/Mediterranean;In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the WISER Postdoctoral Scholarships for interested and qualified applicants.Acknowledgements to generous financing from Carnegie Foundation (United States) and the Gerda Henkel Foundation (Germany), WISER is commencing a major interdisciplinary as well as multi-regional research program christened ‘Regions2050’: Porous borders, mobile spaces, and pathways of regionalization.
- The research program will consist of 4 Clusters:
(3) Southern Atlantic/Indian Oceanic Africa;Many applicants have been asking us questions like;(2) Congo Basin;We call applications for eight (8) two-year post-doctoral positions. Each fellowship award will be financed up to R250,000 every year (this includes medical insurance), to which another R10,000 will be added for research purposes. The successful applicants are expected to enroll at the Institute in Johannesburg remotely in October 2020 and in person (subject to the outbreak crisis) from February 2021.(4) African Technoscapes. Benefits of Scholarships
All applications should be forwarded electronically to: Najibha Deshmukh, Senior Administrator, Wits Institute for Social and Economic Research ([email protected])
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.WISER Postdoctoral Scholarships application process at University of Pittsburgh in South Africa. Learn the best way to apply for the WISER Postdoctoral Scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021, via University of Pittsburgh Scholarship Portal.Applications should include:If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the WISER Postdoctoral Scholarships 2020.
- entirely partake in the research program as well as in its publications;
- participate in the scientific events as well as other activities that are significant to their research ( thus includes advanced workshops, round tables, seminars, experimental syllabus and so on);
- produce three (3) podcasts or op-eds annually;
- publish one (1) peer-reviewed article annually and
- one (1) final chapter to be included in an edited volume.
Documents Required for Application
How to Apply
We want applicants with different skills as well as training backgrounds (this includes in natural and environmental science, health, and in technology studies) that are willing to work on greatly innovative research projects.All courses offered at the university.
- A letter of motivation (2 pages maximum)
- A short CV (2 pages maximum)
- A very innovative research proposal (maximum of four (4) pages)
- A certified copy of the Ph.D.
- Two reference letters
- A written sample of academic work
It also goes beyond the gap between Sub-Saharan Africa and North Africa while it reconnects the African continent to the Southern Atlantic as well as Indian Oceanic worlds. This diverse regional research program’s objective is to unravel the paradoxes of regionalization in a setting, the African continent that is shaped by numerous porous borders as well as mobile spaces. Instead of one to succumb to assumptions that regionalization is entwined with state territoriality, it observes the ways in which frontiers and horizons are gradually more produced by the coming together of cross border flows, networks as well as informal institutions that aren’t delineated by states only, but as well by technological devices of different kinds and by movement as such.Eligible Field(s):
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 31st August 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.