Over the course of the internship, the team member will gain practical experience in the business development life cycle. They will work on multiple projects and activities to support Winrock’s new business development. This include research and proposal development for areas within CEE’s thematic areas of expertise such as natural resource management, value chain development, biodiversity, clean energy, and greenhouse gas emission reduction, etc.EducationThe Program Development Intern, Clean Energy and Environment internship is a minimum 4-month, part- to full-time paid internship. The internship requires an energetic, detail-oriented person who wants to work collaboratively with multiple teams to support project development across the globe.To apply for this Job, applicants are requested to sign in to LinkedIn, then complete the online form Provided via the application page.Location: USAApplication for the Winrock International Internship Program in the US for 2021 is now available to all talented applicants who wish to fill the role as an intern at the Company.
- Conduct market analysis to identify new and diverse opportunities for Winrock’s CEE team to pursue.
- Support development and execution of CEE processes and strategies to support new business targets and objectives.
- Support proposal development through the proactive preparation of capabilities statements.
- Support proposal teams with capture efforts and live bids. This will include research, document management, and meeting organization.
- Tailor CVs supporting recruitment/staffing processes and other roles.
- Assist with database updates and intel-gathering on prospective opportunities and partnerships.
- Represent Winrock at local, regional, and national external events.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external audiences.
- Other new business research/operational assistance, as needed and available.
- At a minimum, candidates should be a graduate- or upperclassman undergraduate-level students in a field relevant to international development. Candidates with an obvious focus on areas relevant to CEEW’s work (forestry, ecology, energy, water, environment policy) are preferred.
- Additional certifications in project management or topics relevant to CEE desired.
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of one year of experience in client relations, research-focused roles, or technical areas related to clean energy, natural resource management, and sustainable water use.
- Demonstrated work in program development, technical writing, and project implementation skills.
- Advanced degrees in relevant fields can offset experience.
Application Type: Internship
- Exceptional writing and other communications skills required.
- Experience writing or contributing to grant applications/proposals preferred.
- Experience in research and data analysis.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, ability to think critically and work independently are a must.
- Commitment to pursuing a career in international development strongly preferred.
- International experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) strongly desired.
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards at all times.
- English fluency; fluency in a second language strongly preferred.
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills and a high degree of diplomacy and tact.
Application Deadline: May 26, 2021