This scholarship is only open to students from Commonwealth Countries.On the initiative of the University of London back in 1912, representatives of 53 universities gathered in London, United Kingdom, to have a Congress of Universities of the Empire. In 1948, the Bureau’s name was replaced with the Association of Universities of the British Commonwealth. In their jubilee year, 1963, the Association got a Royal Charter under its new name: The Association of Commonwealth Universities. By 1986, Her Majesty the Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, became Patron of the ACU. Her Majesty passed on her patronage to The Duchess of Sussex after 33 years of service, who then became the Patron of the ACU in 2019.All courses offered at the university.
The second one is available to enrolled PhD students from ACU member universities in Commonwealth nations other than the UK, and to Chevening and Commonwealth Scholarship award alumni who are PhD students at any Commonwealth university outside the United Kingdom.Two studentship awards are available every year, which is to the maximum value of GBP 5500 each. The first is available to enrolled PhD students from United Kingdom universities, although, not necessarily UK citizens.The PhD studentship awards offer assistance for research projects on themes related to the Commonwealth. The studentship awards are inanced by The Round Table: The Commonwealth Journal of International Affairs as well as the journal’s publisher, Routledge, in conjunction with the ACU.In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Routledge and Round Table Commonwealth Scholarship for interested and qualified applicants.Many applicants have been asking us questions like;Two studentship awards are available every year, to the maximum value of GBP 5500 each.
In 2019/2020, one of the two studentship awards available ssisted a PhD student to travel to the United Kingdom for their research purposes. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, in 2020/2021, this studentship award will assist the successful candidate to conduct research in their home country. If restrictions then allow, it may be quite possible to provide a travel research award again in 2021/2022.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
Benefits of the Scholarship AwardVisit Award Webpage for Further Details.As part of the application, applicants should submit:
- The first studentship award is available to enrolled PhD students from United Kingdom universities, although, not necessarily UK citizens.
- The second one is available to enrolled PhD students from ACU member universities in Commonwealth nations other than the UK, and to Chevening and Commonwealth Scholarship award alumni who are PhD students at any Commonwealth university outside the United Kingdom.
How to Apply
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Routledge and Round Table Commonwealth Scholarship 2020.
- A CV
- A studentship plan, outlining:
- The work you plan to engage in for the duration of the studentship, in non-technical language.
- The likely effect of your studentship work, and how it will further the knowledge in your discipline and add to greater understanding of the Commonwealth
- The expected outcomes and outputs of the studentship work.
- Letters of support from referees, one academic (preferably your PhD/DPhil supervisor) and one personal
- An outline of the intended use of the funds.
Interested and qualified? Go to The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) on fs19.formsite.com to applyThe deadline for the scholarship award application is 31st July 2020 23:59 (BST). Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date/time.
Routledge and Round Table Commonwealth Scholarship application process at ACU Member University in the United Kingdom. Learn the best way to apply for the Routledge and Round Table Commonwealth Scholarship for the academic year 2020/2021, via ACU Member University Scholarship Portal.