Many applicants have been asking us questions like;Number of Awards: 2Rhodes Selection Committees are watching out for young persons of exceptional intellect, leadership, character, and dedication to service from twenty (20) Rhodes constituencies (64 countries) around the world.
The four (4) criteria governing the selection of Rhodes Scholars are:
Value of Award: Fully fundedDuration of Award:
Until recently, the Rhodes Scholarships scheme have been awarded in twenty (20) constituencies (representing over sixty (60) different nations). Now, the Rhodes scholarship schemes are fully global: two (2) new Global Scholarships allow eligible applicants from the rest of the world to apply (subject to nomination).
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships application process at University of Oxford in the United Kingdom. Learn the best way to apply for the Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021, via University of Oxford Scholarship Portal.All courses offered at the university.The deadline for the scholarship award application is 31st July 2020 23:59 GMT. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date/time. Application for Rhodes Global Scholarships 2021
- The basic tenure of the Scholarship scheme is two (2) years, subject always to satisfactory personal conduct and academic performance. In some certain cases, at the discretion of the Academic Committee of the Rhodes Trust and the
Rhodes Trustees, recipients may apply for a third year of Scholarship award to complete the DPhil,
- The Rhodes scholarship is for at least two (2) years.
Who is qualified to apply? The following eligibility requirements apply to all candidates for the Rhodes scholarship awards:
- scholastic and literary attainments (academic brilliance)
- energy to use one’s skills to the full (as exhibited by mastery in capacities such as music, sports, dance, debate, and artistic pursuits, theatre, especially where teamwork is involved)
- courage, truth, sympathy for and protection of the weak, devotion to duty, kindliness, fellowship and unselfishness
- Moral force of character and dispositions to lead, and to have an interest in one’s fellow beings.
This scholarship is open to students from all other countries not specifically mentioned.
- Citizenship & residency: From any country of the world
- Age: You must have had your 18th birthday and not have passed your 24th birthday by 1st October of the year of application. There are some variations on the upper age limit across different constituencies based on the local environment. Please check carefully the exact age criteria for your constituency before applying. Successful applicants will arrive in Oxford the October after the selection process. The Scholarship award may not be deferred.
- Education: Rhodes scholarship awardees should have completed a Bachelor’s degree prior to coming up to Oxford, to an adequately high standard to fulfill both the Rhodes and the Oxford requirements. Please, kindly check out the detailed information provided by the constituency to which you want to apply on the ‘How to apply for a Rhodes scholarship’ page and the prospectus pages (link below) of the University of Oxford.
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships for interested and qualified applicants.
How to Apply
Important Notes: You may submit only one Rhodes scholarship application in an application round. Any candidate submitting more than one application per year will be disqualified from all submitted applications.
- It is cogent to go through all application criteria in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before proceeding to apply.
NB: Some constituencies necessitate the completion of your undergraduate degree in the year of application for the Scholarship scheme.Visit Award Webpage for Details
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Rhodes Trust Global Scholarships 2020.