1.Research and analyze information on climate change, gather information from diverse sources and help assess news value and other potential impact.
2.Assist with the implementation of DGC’s climate communications strategy and campaigns (Act Now and Climate Superheroes).
3.Identify, research, and draft content (text, photos, documents and multimedia) for online publication (website and social media), and caption videos and clips by using tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite.
4.Help manage the storage, organization and maintenance of digital assets, contact lists, calendars, templates and other key documents.
5.Help create digital assets, such as quote cards, for web and social media, based on established climate branding.The selected intern may perform some of the following functions:Public Information Intern program at UN, New York is now available to all interested applicants. The position is located in the Climate Communications Team under the Strategic Communications Division of the Department of Global Communications.
The duration for this position is for a minimum period of three (3) to six (6) months, interns will work five days per week (40 hours) under the supervision from Evaluation and Inspection Officer in the department, this internship is unpaid and a full-time job.Application Deadline: 13 September 2021
Qualification for this opportunity
- Applicants must meet one of the following Study Requirements: (1) be enrolled in a graduate school programme in journalism, communication, media studies, filmmaking, international relations or related field (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (2) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme in journalism, communication, media studies, filmmaking, international relations or related field (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or (3) have graduated with a university degree in journalism, communication, media studies, filmmaking, international relations or related field (as defined above);
- No work requirement is needed to apply for this position at the UN
- Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
How to Apply for Public Information Intern program at UN, New York 2021
To apply for this opportunity, applicants are advised to read carefully the procedures for application via the online portal provided. the they are expected to check Application process on how to apply
- Department/Office: Department of Global Communications
- Country: USA
- City: New York
- Organization: United Nations
- Application Method: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic Applicants
- Application Type: Internship