Nationality:Sports, music, debate, dance, theatre, and artistic pursuitsApply for the Oxford University Rhodes Awards For East Africa Students in UK for the 2021-2022 learning year. Rhodes Scholarships are for young leaders of outstanding intellect and notable character who are motivated to engage with global challenges, committed to the service of others and show promise of becoming value-driven, principled leaders for the world’s future.About the Sponsors:
Undergraduates and Graduates
31 August 2021
Level of Study:
How to apply?
The Rhodes Scholarships was established in 1903. They are the oldest international scholarship programme in the world, and one of the most prestigious. Administered by the Rhodes Trust in Oxford, the programme offers 100 fully-funded Scholarships each year for postgraduate study at the University of Oxford in the United Kingdom – one of the world’s leading universities.
- Must submit their application online, with all supporting documents, by 23:59 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), 15 September 2021.
- In preparation for making your application, you should read carefully the general information, particularly that held on the Scholarships tab, on the Rhodes House website, the Conditions of Tenure for the Rhodes Scholarship, the information in this document and the graduate admissions pages of the University of Oxford: www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a social engagement (held on the eve of the interview) and a final interview. You must be available to attend both, in person, as no accommodations can be made on date and time, or mode, of these events. Interviews will be held in Kampala, Uganda in late October / early November. Further details will be communicated to shortlisted candidates No candidate will be selected without an interview. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed for interview candidates traveling from an East African location outside of Kampala, Uganda. Overnight accommodation will be provided if necessary.
- All applicants will be emailed with the outcome of their application within three days after the date of the final interviews in November 2021.
- For more information on application method Check here
- Nationality/citizenship: Citizens of countries as mentioned above.
- Education/residency: You must have been resident in one or more of the countries listed above for at least five of the last ten years.
- Age: Upon 1 October 2021, you must be at least 18 and have not reached your 25th birthday (there are few exemptions depending on either your course of study or year of graduation)
- Academic achievement: You must have completed an undergraduate degree from a college or university (normally a Bachelor’s degree) with the highest classification your University awards, e.g. First Class Honors, or a Distinction in the case of Medicine, Dentistry and Pharmacy courses.
- English language: You must have a sufficiently high standard of English to meet the English language proficiency requirements (at the Higher Level listed) of the University of Oxford.
Oxford University UK
Value of grants:
Tuition fee coverageEast AfricaAbout the Award:UKTo access Award: