DAAD scholarship is an international scholarship open to all students from across the globe, DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries.Required documents (in the following order):Required DocumentsSee list of eligible countries available for the 2023/24 DAAD International Development Postgraduate Scholarship Grant in Germany.
Who Can Apply?
There are various Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the “List of all Postgraduate courses with their application deadlines for 2023/24”.
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
Available Courses and Deadlines
12 to 42 months (dependent on study programme)Closing Dates: VariesApplicants eligible for this application are graduates with at least two years’ professional experience from the various Countries available
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with current date.
IMPORTANT To Note: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
o English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
o German – required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
Application Process:They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Click here to begin application procedures
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Hurry now! DAAD scholarships are one of the most sought after annual scholarships students look forward to. Apply now for the 2023/24 DAAD International Development Postgraduate Scholarships Grants in Germany to begin your academic progress
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family.
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship