The National Centers of Competence in Research (NCCR) in Switzerland invites applications for MARVEL Master’s Fellowships for 2020/21 academic year. Required documentsCommitted to female Master’s program students that are about to commence their Master’s research work, who
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the MARVEL Masters Fellowships for interested and qualified applicants.Applications are to be completed and submitted via email to [email protected]Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
Candidates will receive a response regarding their application by email mid-June or mid-December. Chosen applicants will be required to confirm their acceptance and participation within two (2) weeks.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
Click Here To ApplyNote: Accommodation and other costs are to be paid by the awardee. Merging this fellowship with substantial scholarship awards is not possible. It is required of the applicants to declare all the scholarship awards they will get during their master’s program and eligibility will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- CHF 12’000 (split into 6 monthly payments). For travel expenses and other extra costs, external awardees (awardees from outside of Switzerland or with a host laboratory other than their home institution) also get an additional CHF 500.
- The NCCR MARVEL provides the tuition fees and medical insurance for extra-Europeans students, who are not covered by their own nation insurance.
- Supervision in a motivating research environment.
- Social and networking activities with students as well as researchers from the NCCR.
Selection is done on a competitive basis by members from the NCCR’s scientific panel and its equal opportunities team.
All documents and diplomas should preferably be in English.
- show exceptional motivation and prospect to run their project in the laboratory of a principal investigator from MARVEL;
- Meet the requirements for student enrollment at the host university.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 15th October, 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.This scholarship is open to female students from countries all over the world.Worth of Award
How to Apply
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the MARVEL Masters Fellowships 2020.In a discipline of science where women are still greatly underrepresented, even at the student level, the INSPIRE Potentials – MARVEL Master’s Fellowship program intends to help outstanding female students to run their Master’s thesis research on “Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials” in a laboratory that belongs to the NCCR MARVEL . This program plans to increase the number of women researchers in the area of simulation science, as represented by the different laboratories that are involved. A parallel program is available via the NCCR QSIT on “Quantum Science and Technology”.Computational Design and Discovery of Novel Materials
- Résumé (Curriculum vitae).
- A motivation letter, which should include a list of up to a maximum of three (3) preferred host laboratories.
- Copy of your University degree(s) / transcripts from all grades
- One or two letters of recommendation, which should mention ranking among peers. These letters of recommendation is to be separately sent by the recommender(s) to [email protected]
The fellowship award is given only to chosen candidates that have completed registration at their host university. Chosen applicants are usually required to commence their Master’s thesis research in the host laboratory within six (6) months. Paying the fellowship fee is subject to the ongoing activity on the Master’s research project.
MARVEL Masters Fellowships application process at Host Universities in Switzerland. Learn the best way to apply for the MARVEL Masters Fellowships for the academic year 2020/2021, via Host Universities Scholarship Portal.