To apply for this scholarship grants, applicants must follow these procedures:The ACS Green Chemistry Institute will receive an award based on the estimated cost of travel, accommodation, and fees associated with the event, up to ,000. If two Breen Fellowships are given in any year, one of the awards will be given to an undergraduate student and the other to a graduate or postgraduate student.Application Closes: October 9, 2022
Applicants must be:
- A young international scholar is defined as an undergraduate student and above but below the level of Assistant Professor and within the first seven years of a professional career.
- Applicants residing both within the U.S. and internationally are eligible for this award.
- The travel must be to a green chemistry technical meeting, conference, or training program. Students should consider attending the Green Chemistry and Engineering Conference. Award funds cannot be used to participate in the ACS Summer School on Green Chemistry and Sustainable Energy.
- The applicant must demonstrate research or educational interest in green chemistry. Green chemistry is defined as the discovery and design of chemical products and processes that reduce or eliminate the use and generation of hazardous substances.
Established in 1876 and chartered by the U.S. Congress, they are one of the world’s largest scientific organizations with a membership of over 151,000 in 140 countries. Its mission is to advance the broader chemistry enterprise and its practitioners to benefit Earth and its people. Its vision is to improve people’s lives through the transforming power of chemistry. As a non-profit scientific organization with more than 140 years of experience, they are a champion for chemistry, its practitioners, and the global community of members.
Great offer! For those seeking to study in the USA, the ACS Green Chemistry Institute is pleased to grant an exceptional student the Joseph Breen international scholarship grants opened for the 2022/23 academic session.
- Applications must be a single PDF file send to [email protected] with “Breen Fellowship Application – [applicant’s last name]” in the subject line and no longer than six, 8½-by-11-inch pages, written in a font no smaller than 11 points, with margins of at least 1 inch
- Required Documents: The students are required to present the following documents at the university:
- Cover page (no more than one page) including:-
- Applicant’s name, department, institution (or company), and field of study.
- Name of applicant’s faculty advisor (or supervisor) and contact information.
- Name, date, and location of the conference or meeting the applicant is requesting funding to attend.
- Estimated budget for travel expenses, up to $2,000 (including conference registration fees, travel, and accommodations) to participate in the meeting. The award will be mailed as a reimbursement check after the conference. Meals/food is not a reimbursable expense.
- Essay (no more than one page):- by the applicant concerning their interest in green chemistry, including any previous experience with the field, how they will benefit from participation in the selected conference, and why they should be chosen to receive the award.
- A curriculum vita or résumé no more than two pages in length, including:
- Applicant’s name, department, institution (or company), and faculty advisor (or supervisor).
- Applicant’s mailing address, telephone, and email.
- A few sentences on the applicant’s green chemistry teaching or research interests and career plans.
- Field of study, degrees, education experience, GPA or other measures of class standing, and work experience (if any).
- List of recent presentations and publications (if any).
- Letter of recommendation: – from the applicant’s faculty advisor, supervisor, or department chair (no more than two pages in length). The letter may be sent separately or included with the other application materials.
- Applicants must hold a previous degree certificate with remarkable results.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of your competence in written and spoken English.