In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the International PhD Scholarship for interested and qualified applicants.The deadline for the scholarship award application is 30th August 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.The Project announces a PhD position in Political Science at the University of Dar es Salaam. The PhD applicant will be required to enroll in October 2020 and carry out a PhD by Thesis (only research) and will also be required to work in the EHTZ Project. The Project will provide a fully funded Scholarship based on the UDSM’s fee structure for a three year period. Successful applicants will be required to undertake study visits in Denmark for part of the Program.
Candidates must prepare and submit a complete application package, which should specifically include:The Project will give a completely funded Scholarship award based on the UDSM’s fee structure for a period of three years. Successful applicants will be required to undertake study visits in Denmark for part of the Program.Applicants are asked to submit a proposal (5 pages max.) outlining their project idea. Relevant academic literature and a time plan must be included. The project may focus on either one of the topics below;Documents Required for Application
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
Political ScienceThe University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) announces her call for applications for a PhD Scholarship award (in Political Science) for research on humanitarianism in Tanzania.Applicants must fulfil the following conditions given:
Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- Have a Master’s degree in a social sciences discipline or other related fields of natural sciences from an accredited University
- Apply and fulfil the requirements for PhD registration at the University of Dar es Salaam (here)
- Be prepared to start the PhD process in October 2020 after the acceptance of the Scholarship
- Be available for online interview on dates that will be communicated
- Be willing to work in an international research environment
- Work effectively in both Kiswahili and English
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.
How to Apply
International PhD Scholarship application process at University of Dar es Salaam in Tanzania. Learn the best way to apply for the International PhD Scholarship for the academic year 2020/2021, via University of Dar es Salaam Scholarship Portal.Applicants for the scholarships are required to send application packages to the Department of Geography University of Dar es Salaam [email protected] with copies to EHTZ Project PI, Professor Lisa [email protected] and firstname.lastname@example.org (EHTZ South project coordinator).
- Research proposal that clearly shows the linkages of the applicants’ PhD potential area of research relevant to the project interest (at most 5 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (at most 3 pages)
- List of publications (if any) or copy of Master’s Dissertation
- Copy of Master’s degree certificate
- Two academic reference letters (ideally one written by the Master’s Supervisor)
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the International PhD Scholarship 2020.
- Elite politics of Everyday Humanitarianism;
- The political history of Everyday Humanitarianism in Tanzania and Southern Africa;
- The response of Tanzanian neighbors in situations of acute crisis or disaster;
- Gendered aspects of Everyday Humanitarianism;
- Other relevant topics that contribute to the project objectives.
Everyday Humanitarianism in Tanzania (EHTZ) is a Research Project funded by DANIDA, conducted by the University of Dar es Salaam and the Copenhagen Business School, Denmark and with the University of Copenhagen and Roskilde University as collaborating institutions.Benefits of Scholarship
Applicants with prior knowledge and experience on issues related to topics/areas outlined in the project summary below are encouraged to apply.