Candidates must also meet the academic eligibility requirement of the partner institution(s) they have chosen. Please read the Eligibility Criteria of the Partner Institutions document. You can access it via https://www.ru.ac.za/intra-africa-awarmn/ or click on the this link to get access to the submission form.Application processFemale candidates, people with disability or from socio-economically less privileged background are highly welcomed to apply.To be eligible for aid from AWaRMN, candidates must:
General enquiries: [email protected] a result to the COVID-19 situation, successful applicants will be expected to start their study for the 2021 academic session on a rolling basis based on the institutional situations.The following documents need to be included in your application:
Benefits of International Masters Fellowship Program
- Water Resources
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
Applications are encouraged from interested eligible and excellent applicants for full-time study in any of the Master of Science/ Master of Technology academic mobility scholarship award schemes of AWaRMN in any of the Higher Education Institutions within the partnership.Visit Award Webpage for DetailsThis scholarship is open to students from countries in Africa.
- Participation costs (e.g. tuition/registration fees) of students.
- Research costs (e.g. field work, laboratory consumables).
- Subsistence allowance: MSc/MTech: 600 Euro per month.
- Special allowance to female students for mobility equal or more than 2 academic years, viz – MSc/MTech: 600 Euro per year..
- Economic class roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs.
- Insurance (Health, accident and travel).
- One-off settling-in allowance upon arrival to cover installation costs, viz – PhD: 900 Euro.
The Congo Basin Water Resources Research Center (CRREBaC) of the University of Kinshasa (UNIKIN) is glad to declare the call for applications for the Master of Science/ Master of Technology (MSc/MTech) Fellowship Program of the African Academic Mobility Network (AWaRMN).
- Be a national of an African Union member state and resident in Africa at the time of application.
- Meet both institutional and partnership requirements for admission.
- Not have profited from any form of past aid from Intra-ACP Mobility or Erasmus or Erasmus + schemes, or Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Program.
- Must be prepared to move from home country to another country where AWaRM has a partner institution. This also apply to international candidates who are domiciled in a nation with AWaRMN institution. For such candidates, you should then consider applying to a third nation. For example, if you are a Ugandan, but stays in South Africa or have completed your study in South Africa, you can’t apply to Rhodes University in South Africa and you cannot as well apply to Makerere in Uganda. Scholarships are attached to mobility and therefore you can’t apply to an institution in the nation where you are a citizen or where you are domiciled. If your past degree is from an institution/University that is outside an African Union member state, you are not eligible.
How to Apply
Documents Required for ApplicationCandidates are encouraged to commence the processing of their application early enough to beat the last minute rush.
- Certified copies of academic degrees and official transcripts. Due to the COVID-19 situation we will accept unofficial document detailing all your courses and grades/marks obtained, including final grade point average or marks). However, if you are selected, we will require the official transcript, without which we will be unable to make a final offer to you.
- 2 paged CV ;
- 250 words motivation stating why you should be awarded a scholarship;
- A formal identity document e.g. driver license, national identity card, passport or any other state-recognized form of identification that shows your nationality;
- Two reference letters (one academic and one non-academic). The academic referee must be able to attest to your academic standing. The reference letters must be submitted via the application system.
Institutional contacts:This article will inform you about the application process of International Masters Fellowship Program application process at Rhodes University in South Africa. Here, you will be enlightened on the benefits, requirements as well as deadline for this scheme. And of course, the application for the International Masters Fellowship Program for the academic year 2020/2021, via Rhodes University Scholarship Portal.Fellowship Program CoursesAcademic eligibilityThe Congo Basin Water Resources Research Center, centered at the University of Kinshasa, has the mission to add to the sustainable management as well as the development of water resources in the Congo basin, through research to provide scientifically acceptable information and viable solutions to emerging water resource problems.For successful candidates, AWaRMN financing will foot the following bills:Interested and qualified? Go to The Congo Basin Water Resources Research Center (CRREBaC) on ru.infoready4.com to applyIn summary, interested and qualified applicants will systematically learn the right way to apply for the International Masters Fellowship Program.
- Rhodes University – Dr Nelson Odume; [email protected]
- Makerere University – Prof NYAKAIRU George William; [email protected]
- FUTMinna – Prof Francis Arimoro; [email protected]
- UNIKIN – Prof Raphael Tshimanga: [email protected]
If you are reading this article, it means you have heard about the International Masters Fellowship Program 2020.
The application deadline for International Masters Fellowship Program at Rhodes University is 16th August 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.