The Fellowship program will assist foreign scientists to get trained at either of Rothamsted Research’s main sites for six (6) – twelve (12) months on a research project they co-develop with a senior scientist at Rothamsted who will be the supervisor of the project.iv. Upon identifying a Supervisor at Rothamsted and they are have agreed to co-develop a research projects with the applicant, the Supervisor then requests an application form and necessary guidance from Rothamsted International. Note: application forms can’t be downloaded from their webpage and must be sent by the Supervisor.vi. Supervisor sends the Fellowship application before the disclosed deadline.
i. Applicant has a research idea in mind that is directly related to development issues in the applicant’s home nation.iii. Applicants should then identify a possible Supervisor at Rothamsted Research and ensure their agreement and input to co-develop a fellowship proposal. Note: Applicants may find the Supervisor, either via prior contact with that person, recommendations through colleagues, scientific literature findings or by choosing the related researcher from our departmental pages.viii. This is a competitive program and the committee’s decision will be delivered to the applicant and Supervisor – normally within two (2) months of the application deadline.
The application deadline for International Fellowship Program at Rothamsted Research is 28th September 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
All courses offered at the university.ix. Successful applicants and their Supervisors will both reach an agreement for a start date for the project.ii. Applicant checks to see that their proposal can be categorized within the agricultural, environmental, biological, computational or mathematical sciences, and is in line with the Rothamsted Science Strategy.
- Supervision and training at Rothamsted Research
- Funds for Research expenses that are related to their project
- Access to world-class research amenities as well as scientific assistance.
- Funds for accommodation and subsistence
- Money for travel between the home nation and the United Kingdom.
- The applicant should be of doctoral status, with minimum of two (2) years’ post-doctoral experience. Applicants that are without Higher Degrees should have an equivalent research experience to be deemed eligible for the program.
- Applications won’t be accepted where the major aim of the visit is research leading to a higher degree for the applicant.
- The applicant must be a national, or be based exclusively in a low- to middle- income nation. Please, kindly note that this will be determined as the nations that are listed on the DAC list of ODA beneficiaries.
- Applicants that have extensive and/or continuous employment in a high-income nation are ineligible for RI Fellowship awards.
- It is vital that the applicant returns to employment in their home nation where the experience obtained via the RI Fellowship program can be out into use.
- Applications are forwarded by the UK supervisor, but should be related to research in the applicant’s home nation. Therefore it is vital that the applicant be in contact with the UK supervisor and assists to co-develop the research proposal. Proposals with minimal contributions from the candidate, or supervisor, are unlikely to succeed.
- Additional to the aid of the UK supervisor, applications should also have the approval from the Head of Department where the fellowship award is to be hosted.
How to Apply
If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the International Fellowship Program 2020.International Fellowship Program application process at Rothamsted Research in the United Kingdom. Learn the best way to apply for the International Fellowship Program for the academic year 2020/2021, via Rothamsted Research Scholarship Portal.This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.Benefits of International Fellowship Programv. Supervisor and Applicants co-develop their fellowship proposal.The Rothamsted International Fellowship program seeks to encourage the exchange of essential agricultural research skills between Rothamsted Research and scientists from Low- to Middle- income nations.STEP 2:In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the International Fellowship Program for interested and qualified applicants.The Fellowship will provide the successful candidate with:vii. Applications are evaluated by a committee of experts.Visit Award Webpage for DetailsRothamsted Research is the oldest-running agricultural research institute in the world. Its foundation goes far back to 1843 when John Bennet Lawes, the landlord of the Rothamsted Estate, duly appointed Joseph Henry Gilbert, who was a chemist, as his scientific collaborator and commenced the first of what would become the classical Rothamsted long-term experiments, on the Broadbalk field. The scientific collaboration between Lawes and Gilbert lasted for 57 years, and combined, they laid the origins of modern scientific agriculture and created the principles of crop nutrition.STEP 3:
The Candidate must meet the following criteria: