If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Guy S. Goodwin-Gill Distance Learning Scholarship 2020.Professor Goodwin-Gill has written extensively on refugee protection, both as an academic at Oxford, and as Legal Adviser to the Office of United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) from 1976-1988. His treatise “The Refugee in International Law” is a core textbook on the MA program.NOTE: We ask each scholarship beneficiary to write a short report at the conclusion of each study year which outlines the impact of your study and research. We also expect you to behave in accordance with the respectable standards that is expected of University of London students.
Applicants for the Guy S. Goodwin-Gill scholarship must satisfy all of the following:Value of Award:All applications will be assessed against the award requirements (though we can’t give individual feedback).MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration studies.Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
This is a separate application process to the MA program.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
The Guy S. Goodwin-Gill Distance Learning Scholarship scheme is offered to students of the “MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies” by distance learning who desire the commencement of their studies to be in October.This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.
- The Guy S. Goodwin-Gill scholarship covers the whole course fee.
- You will still have to cover certain additional expenses, which includes costs not directly payable to the University (like examination center fees), and any re-submission fees, transfer fares, or any other fees.
We will need to know about your relevant past achievements, professional positions held, and your financial situation. You must also provide a personal statement.
- You have an offer of admission to study the MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies for the October intake. You will not be considered for the Guy S. Goodwin-Gill Scholarship until you have been given an offer for the University of London distance learning MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration program.
- You cannot accept this offer of admission without financial aid.
- You are able to show exceptional academic excellence or potential (especially by your accomplishments).
This Distance Learning Scholarship scheme (worth £8,220) extols the remarkable career of Professor Goodwin-Gill, the refugee law expert, a close friend and supporter of the Refugee Law Initiative at the School of Advanced Study.Guy S. Goodwin-Gill Distance Learning Scholarship application process at University of London in the United Kingdom. Learn the best way to apply for the Guy S. Goodwin-Gill Distance Learning Scholarship for the academic year 2020/2021, via University of London Scholarship Portal.The deadline for the scholarship award application is 24th August 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.
How to Apply
If you apply for the scholarship, please await the outcome before you complete registration for the MA program.This scholarship recognizes Professor Goodwin-Gill’s contribution to international refugee law and his close connection with the Refugee Law Initiative. It enhances the study of refugee protection by excellent students who are otherwise limited by financial hardships.Applications are welcomed especially from applicants domiciled in low / middle-income nations.We have the right to withdraw your scholarship award if you fail to meet these terms.Visit Award Webpage for Details
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Guy S. Goodwin-Gill Distance Learning Scholarship for interested and qualified applicants.