The five-year doctoral programme equips students to contribute to these debates. The first two years generally consist of classes in which students focus on analytical skills. Students also take courses in their chosen area of academic specialisation in Accounting, Finance, or Management, which provides the foundation from which to develop research topics. The program encourages students to broaden their scope and obtain training in related areas such as data sciences, operations research, or economics.Outstanding graduates of a Bachelor‘s or Master’s programme in business administration, finance, management, accounting or related fields who aspire to launch an academic career.Candidates in the final year of a Master’s or Bachelor’s programme are welcome to apply with their most recent academic transcript. Please note that the degree has to be completed by the time of the beginning of the PhD. The expected grade of the applicants may not be less than a “B” grade point average or 75% of the achievable credits. Foreign degrees will be checked regarding their equivalence.Frankfurt School confers a Dr. rer. pol., the German equivalent of a PhD in Economics. The School offers fully-funded study places and a generous monthly stipend for up to five years.Furthermore Frankfurt School covers costs related to research, including conferences and overseas visits.
Application Perks for Frankfurt School Doctoral Scholarship :
Frankfurt School of Finance & Management is one of Europe’s leading business schools with an internationally recognised reputation for relevant and rigorous research. We are determined to attract the most talented doctoral students in accounting, finance, and management, and we offer a stimulating academic environment.Start now! The Frankfurt School of Finance and Management is offering the fully funded doctoral scholarship plus monthly stipend to all intelligent and outstanding students who wish to commence a doctoral study at Institution in Germany.Funding includes a tuition fee waiver and a cost-of-living stipend. The monthly stipend comprises of EUR 1,750.
- CV and list of publications (if existent)
- Certified copy of your University Entrance Qualification (Abitur, A-levels or equivalent)
- Certified copy of your University Degree Certificate or equivalent and academic transcript of records
- Official GMAT or GRE results
- Proof of English Language Proficiency Test (TOEFL IBT min. score of 100/IELTS min. score of 7.0)
- Statement of Purpose (up to 2 pages): Why are you interested in your chosen field of study? What are the potential areas of research you might pursue? Have you completed any research projects with faculty? Is the research of any member of the FS faculty of interest to you?
- Optional Statement: If you would like the committee to consider any of the following factors, you can describe their relevance in a separate statement within the application. This can contribute to the diversity of the entering class: background, extracurricular activities, work experience.
- Two letters of recommendation: To request the letters from your recommenders, you have to register on a separate platform and send your request from there.Please click on this link to access the platform: http://apply.interfolio.com/79802 Create a profile by clicking on the button “Apply now”.If you require assistance, go to the “Home” tab and click the “Dossier Quick Start Guide”.Once you send your request to your potential recommender, they will receive an e-mail together with a link where they can upload their recommendation letter confidentially. Please provide a deadline for your recommendation letter to ensure we receive it on time. Once the recommender has uploaded the letter, we will be notified and will be able to access it.
Note: The application platform will be open from 15 September until 15 January.The first step of our application process is to complete the online application form. You will need to upload the following required documents. Please note that you need a certified English or German translation for all documents, that are not originally in German or English.
Duration: 5 years of StudyApplication Deadline: 15 January 2023.