The scholarships are funded through a combination of generous external funding and university funds. The University will award scholarships to the most eligible applicants and the standards required to obtain grants are very high.The academic opportunity will cover 100% of the study fees for your chosen postgraduate course work for one year.The Loughborough Development Trust Africa Scholarships, will cover 100% of the course fees for your chosen postgraduate taught course for one year (replacing any school/department or Loughborough University scholarships or bursaries you may already have been awarded).Obtain a post-graduate degree today with the help of the Development Trust Africa Scholarships offered at the Loughborough University, UK.Please note that the information below (including the application form) is for those starting a programme in October 2021 only.
Application for Scholarship Closes: 30 April 2021.
To apply for this grant, you have to take admission in the postgraduate degree coursework at the university and after that application form can be downloaded and should be returned (by post, fax or email) to Marketing and Advancement Loughborough University Loughborough Leicestershire LE11 3TU Uk or e-mail for more information.
- Students who are in possession of an offer (conditional or unconditional) of a place on a postgraduate taught course can apply for the opportunity .
- Students will be expected to fund their travel and maintenance costs through other sources.
- Students may only apply for the opportunity after an offer for a place has been made.
- Students currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa
- Evidence of exceptional academic achievement (normally a 1st Class Honours Degree)
- Commitment to return to their home country on completion of the postgraduate programme
- Evidence of the ability and commitment to making a significant contribution to their home country on their return
- Full understanding of the costs involved in coming to study and live in the UK
- Evidence of strong motivation and initiative to secure funds to cover the remainder of the costs involved.