If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the DAAD International Scholarship 2020.Many applicants have been asking us questions like;Under some certain situations, scholarship awardees may get the following additional benefits:
Art, Music, Sport.Visit Award Webpage for Details
- a Master’s degree or post-graduate degree that leads to a final qualification, or
- a complementary course not leading to any final qualification (it is not an undergraduate course)
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.DAAD scholarships provide graduates the chance to proceed with their education in Germany with a post-graduate or continuing course of study. The scholarship awards also enhance the exchange of experience as well as networking amongst colleagues.
The application process is to be done online via the DAAD portal. You are also to forward additional documents by post to the indicated application address. (See link below)
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
DAAD International Scholarship application process at College of Music in the United Kingdom. Learn the best way to apply for the DAAD International Scholarship for the academic year 2020/2021, via College of Music Scholarship Portal.Selection Criteria: A special DAAD committee made up of professors from German colleges of music makes the final decision about scholarships in the field of music. The final decision is dependent upon written applications as well as sound recordings which have to be submitted.
- A monthly payment of 861 euros
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Allowance paid towards health, accident as well as personal liability insurance cover
In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the DAAD International Scholarship for interested and qualified applicants.
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
Duration of the fundingMaster’s degree program:
- Between 10 and 24 months depending on the length of the chosen study program or study project
- Start: usually from 1st October, or earlier if a language course is taken prior to the study program
- The scholarship awards are granted for the period of the standard duration of study for the elected study program (up to a maximum of twenty-four (24) months). To get more funding after the first year of study for the 2-year courses, evidence of academic accomplishments so far should show that the study program can be completed successfully within the standard duration of study. Thus, a reference from the main subject teacher will be needed.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 1st October 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.
- One academic year. In certain individual cases, the scholarship award can be prolonged on request.
- Start: usually on 1st October, or earlier if a language course is taken prior to the study program.
Language: Candidates in the area of music must have a knowledge of the language of instruction that corresponds to the criteria of the elected university at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship program. If you don’t yet have the language skills mandated by the college at the time of your application, your application should show the extent to which you are in a position to get to the mandated level. After you have been granted a scholarship award, take advantage of the financing opportunities detailed under “Value”.
- As a rule, candidates must have taken their final examinations no longer than six (6) years prior to the application deadline.
- The individual college of music holds the right to determine the age limits for admission, whereby differing rules may be applied based on the candidate’s academic level as well as selected subject.
- Candidates that have been domiciled in Germany for longer than fifteen (15) months at the application deadline can’t be considered.
- If the scholarship awardee is registered in a Master’s or post-graduate degree program that includes a study period abroad, finance for this duration abroad is normally only possible under the following criteria;
– The study visit is vital for accomplishment of the scholarship award objective.
– The study duration is no longer than a quarter of the scholarship award duration. Longer durations can’t be sponsored, even partially.
– The study duration doesn’t take place in the home nation.
Foreign candidates that have obtained a first university degree in the area of Music at the latest by the time they start their scholarship-supported study program; if this is impossible, they must have at least exhausted all the training options open for their instrument in their nation of origin.In this study program, you can complete
How to Apply
Both at a state German college of music of your choosing.
Post-graduate studies are possible in the ‘2nd cycle’ (normally a 4-semester Master’s degree) or a ‘3rd cycle’ which normally takes place in two (2) semesters (concert examination, master class or PhD in an artistic field).
This program only funds projects in the artistic field. Other DAAD scholarship programs are available for applicants from the field of musicology or music education or musicians with a scientific project.Value
Complementary studies not leading to a final qualification: