Value of Scholarship:Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship application process at Flinders University in Australia. Learn the best way to apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship for the academic year 2020/2021, via Flinders University Scholarship Portal.The Flinders Australian Government Research Training Program (AGRTP) are explicitly aimed at aiding overseas students to get a research higher degree at the Flinders University. The Scholarship award provides international tuition fees as well as a stipend.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for detailsMany applicants have been asking us questions like;
Health sciences, research, science and engineering, education/humanities/law, social and behavioral sciences.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
Successful candidates are to enroll in full time study and must be starting a research higher degree in Australia for the very first time.The deadline for the scholarship award application is 7th August 2020 (Friday at 5pm Australia, Adelaide local time). Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date/time.Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship award is tenable for up to three (3) years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two (2) years for a Research Master’s degree.
- The scholarship awards enable befittingly qualified candidates to start a full-time Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS funds the tuition fees of the overseas student charged by Flinders University for a Higher Degree by research.
- The AGRTPS covers an international tuition fee offset, a living allowance paid at the rate of $27,596 (2019 rate), which is minus tax and indexed yearly, and Overseas Health Care cover. An AGRTPS recipient who relocates to Adelaide from other countries is eligible for an establishment stipend (after his/her arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to help with relocation expenses and airfares, once receipts can be produced by the student.
Selection Criteria: The scholarship award round is very competitive. The AGRTP is granted to applicants who exhibit exceptional aptitude for independent research. The AGRTP are assessed on the basis of academic excellence, academic research training and performance and research indicators.
- Candidates must satisfy the University’s academic entry criteria for a Doctorate degree by research or Master’s degree by research.
- Candidates are needed to have completed successfully, at minimum, the equivalent of an Australian First Class Honors degree (this is a four (4) year degree with a major research project in the final academic session).
- Candidates must have fulfilled the English proficiency requirements set by Flinders University for international students as at the time of application. Applicants for whom English is a foreign language will need to show proof of their English language proficiency.
- Candidates must not have an equivalent research higher degree qualification. Applications are only available to students starting a research higher degree in Australia for the very first time.
- Candidates must not have Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship. Please, kindly see the attached criteria of award for full eligibility requirements.
Number of Scholarships: A limited number of (up to ten (10)) AGRTP scholarship awards are available every year.In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship for interested and qualified applicants.
How to Apply
Interested students may visit the Scholarship Webpage (Link below) to get the application form and for more detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship award.If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship 2020.
This scholarship is open to students from countries all over the world.