Read the information below, and download the Application Form, Information for Applicants and Cost & Finance Spreadsheet, and email to [email protected] before 12:00 GMT 23 September 2020.Value of Fellowship: A three to nine-month placement at a leading research institution in Europe or Africa, with additional support at your home institution before and after the placement, up to a maximum of £38,000. Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- acquire advanced research skills
- develop and test their own compelling research questions
- develop highly effective mentoring relationships
- grow their potential collaborations
- raise their profile through international networking
All courses offered at the university.This scholarship is open to students from Sub-Saharan African Countries.
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 23rd September 2020 12:00 (GMT). Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date/time.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
The RDF Program enables talented early-career researchers to:AREF Research Development Fellowship application process at Host Institutions in Europe. Learn the best way to apply for the AREF Research Development Fellowship for the academic year 2020/2021, via their Scholarship Portal.Research active post-doctoral scientists and clinicians who are nationals of and employed in Sub-Saharan Africa who were awarded their doctorate after May 2014; and clinicians without a doctorate but who have a research-relevant Master’s degree and at least two and up to seven years active research experience.
Duration of Fellowship: Three (3) to nine (9) monthsAREF Research Fellowship is designed to enable talented, early-career African researchers to develop their own research ideas and specialist skills, to grow their research relationships through collaboration and mentorship, and to work towards a major funding proposal. This year, funding will be made available for a “planned follow-through” in the awardee’s home institution.
- Applicants will need to demonstrate a credible, ambitious vision for their research career in an area of human-health challenge for Africa; and a transformational, well-supported development plan that would be significantly enhanced by the RDF Program. Potential applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their plans at an early stage with their employing and potential host organizations.
- Equality and diversity are core values of AREF and we encourage applications by scientists irrespective of gender, color, race, or creed. We strongly welcome eligible applicants from francophone and lusophone countries as well as from Anglophone countries.
How to Apply
The RDF Program will support a placement of between three to nine months for each Fellow at a leading research organization in Europe or Africa, with time either side of the placement for preparation and follow-up. This aims to promote development of technical skills, collaborations and networks. The RDF Program does NOT provide Fellows with funds for a whole research project; it focuses on developing researcher skills. The AREF RDF Program aims to enhance the research competitiveness of emerging African researchers who are working on important challenges for human health in Africa. In 2020, these challenges will include infectious disease and non-communicable diseases. AREF’s goal is to transform the opportunities for up to 15 talented postdoctoral scientists in Africa in 2020 to contribute to reducing the burden of disease through leading research that is responsive to African settings.In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the AREF Research Development Fellowship for interested and qualified applicants.
The AREF Research Development Fellowship (RDF) Program is being launched to support African researchers who are working on important challenges for human health in Africa.