All courses offered at the university.Staff (academic, research, administrative) visits for women:
Host universities: any of the partner universities
Home universities: any of the partner universitiesTo be eligible for a scholarship, masters and doctoral students must comply with the following criteria:
Interested applicants should go through the Application requirements and Guidelines before applying.In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the African Biomedical Engineering Mobility (ABEM) Postgraduate Scholarships for interested and qualified applicants.Students can only benefit from one scholarship award under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme.Student mobility – eligibility criteriaThe African Biomedical Engineering Mobility scheme is financed by the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme of the European Commission. The structure is modelled on Europe’s well-established and successful Erasmus-Mundus project. The call is informed by the profile of our past scholarship awardees and aims to balance the country and gender profile of our combined cohort of awardees.If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the African Biomedical Engineering Mobility (ABEM) Postgraduate Scholarships 2020.
Open for African women.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
African Biomedical Engineering Mobility (ABEM) Postgraduate Scholarships application process at African Biomedical Engineering Mobility (ABEM) in Africa. Learn the best way to apply for the African Biomedical Engineering Mobility (ABEM) Postgraduate Scholarships for the academic year 2020/2021, via African Biomedical Engineering Mobility (ABEM) Scholarship Portal.Many applicants have been asking us questions like;
- roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs;
- participation expenses such as tuition fees, registration fees, service fees and so on where applicable
- insurance (accident, travel, health);
- a settling-in allowance;
- a monthly subsistence allowance;
- a contribution towards the research expenses associated with student mobility of 10 months or longer.
- Credit-seeking mobility of six (6) to twelve (12) months at a partner institution, resulting to academic recognition of the study period towards a degree program at the home institution,
- Degree-seeking mobility to complete a full degree program at a partner institution. The program plans for 50% of students and at least 30% of staff who participate in mobility visits to be women.
- Academic and administrative staff mobility: Staff may undertake mobility visits for one (1)-six (6) months, at any of the African partner institutions.
Staff may undertake mobility visits for one (1)-six (6) months, at any of the African partner institutions.PhD credit-seeking mobility (courses & short research visits) for women:
Host universities: Kenyatta University and Cairo University
Home universities: universities in any African country excluding EthiopiaMaster’s credit-seeking mobility (courses & short research visits) for women:
Host universities: Addis Ababa University and Kenyatta University
Home universities: universities in any African country excluding Ethiopia
- Be a national and resident in any of the eligible nations covered by the Project
- At the time of the application for a scholarship award, be registered/admitted in their final year or have acquired their most recent degree (or equivalent) from:
- one of the higher institutions included in the partnership (Target Group 1); or
- a higher institution not included in the partnership but established in an eligible nation (Target Group 2)
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction in the host institution.
- Meet the specific requirements of the host institution.
The scholarship will cover:The deadline for the scholarship award application is 29th July 2020 11:59 pm East African time. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date/time.Duration of Award: Master’s and doctoral students may undertake:Students having been financially supported from scholarship award(s) under the previous scheme (Intra-ACP Academic Mobility) can’t receive scholarship awards under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme.
- Areas of activity
Staff mobility should endeavor to provide support for the academic, the management and co-operation capacity of partner institutions, via participation in research projects, development of joint curricula, development of teaching methods, teaching, production of new teaching material, harmonization of curricula, development of administrative tools and sharing of management approaches. The mobility is also expected to be an integral part of the institutional staff development plan and recognized as such upon return of the staff member.
- Eligibility criteria
In order to be eligible for a scholarship award, staff must comply with ALL of the following criteria:
- Be a national and resident in any of the eligible countries (see Section 2.1)
- Work in or be associated with a partner higher education institution.
How to Apply
Women are eligible to apply in the following categories.
- It is necessary to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before proceeding to apply.
African countries under this program.
Academic and administrative staff mobility