Your eligibility will be evaluated based on the information that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.If you are reading this, it means you have heard about the Africa Scholarship Program at University of Essex 2020.You must meet all of the following conditions.
£4,000 tuition fee waiver for a year Master’s Program.Africa Scholarship Program at University of Essex in the United Kingdom application process. Learn the best way to apply for the Africa Scholarship Program at University of Essex for the academic year 2020/2021, via University of Essex Scholarship Portal.In this article, we are going to systematically outline the right way to apply for the Africa Scholarship Program at University of Essex for interested and qualified applicants.Degree qualification: You will also be considered for this award if you are a national of an African country and you have a degree
The deadline for the scholarship award application is 18th September 2020. Applicants should ensure they submit their applications on or before the specified date.
Eligible Nationalities and Benefits
If you fulfil all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be granted this scholarship award. You do not need to fill an application form.Acceptance of this award constitutes acceptance of their terms and conditions. Registered applicants should contact the Funding Team in the first instance for assistance regarding this scholarship award. In cases not covered under the terms and conditions, or where an applicant claims special circumstances, or disagrees with a decision not to make payments due under a scholarship award, final appeals on decisions regarding eligibility must be made via the Student Complaints process. The Academic Registrar or his/her nominee will evaluate the situation and his/her decision will be final.
These scholarship awards will only be made available as a discount on the tuition fee that is payable on registration at the University. If you intermit from your course of study, you may, with the agreement of your department and at the option of the Director of Marketing and Student Recruitment, be eligible for a pro-rata payment of the remainder of your scholarship award on your return to study.
- CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- CGPA 3/5 or above
- 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
Other member states of the African Union
- from a recognized UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognized university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by their Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) from any of the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- Sri Lanka
This scholarship is only open to students in African countries especially Ghana and Nigeria.
- Must be recognised as an international student for fee purposes.
- Must be a national of an African country (defined as a member-state of the African Union) and ordinarily domiciled in an African nation (see the full terms and conditions for definition of “ordinary residence”).
- Must be entirely self-funding your program.
- Must be a graduate of any African nation, or any of the nations specified above
- Must be putting in for a full-time Masters course starting in 2020-2021 (excluding MBA)
- Must meet the academic criteria above.
How to Apply
Visit the Program Webpage for DetailsMany applicants have been asking us questions like;
- For the 2020-2021 entry, if you fulfil all the eligibility criteria and accept the offer of your place by 18 September 2020, you will be granted this scholarship award automatically. You will be notified of your award when your place at Essex is confirmed or by end of October 2020.
All courses offered at the university.
If you’re an international student from an African country and are self-funding your postgraduate program, you could be eligible for a scholarship award of £4,000, granted as a discount on your tuition fee. If you are from any of the following nations below, please check the academic requirements to see if you could be eligible.