To retain this scholarship:
Monash University is a public research university based in Melbourne, Australia. Named for prominent World War I general, Sir John Monash, it was founded in 1958 and is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria. The university has a number of campuses, four of which are in Victoria (Clayton, Caulfield, Peninsula, and Parkville), and one in Malaysia. Monash also has a research and teaching centre in Prato, Italy, a graduate research school in Mumbai, India and a graduate school in Suzhou, China. Monash University courses are also delivered at other locations, including South Africa.Hurray! Monash University is granting the Museums Victoria doctoral Research Scholarship application to all exceptional students who wish to commence a research study at the university for the 2022-2024 academic session in Australia. This PhD Scholarship will provide an annual stipend of ,000.
About Monash University
Program Period: 3-4 years (full time).
To be eligible for Monash University – Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship, candidates must fulfill the following requirements:
- one in the Humanities and Social Sciences (HASS) disciplines.
- one in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
The Robert Blackwood partnership is a collaboration between Monash University and Museums Victoria to encourage and facilitate new research project ideas and initiatives that lead to high-impact collaborations and significant external funding.
Method of Application:
Two scholarships per year (subject to suitable applicants):
- You will need to discuss your project with a relevant Museums Victoria curator.
- You will be required to provide a letter of support from Museums Victoria as well as a written recommendation (maximum 1 A4 page) from your proposed/current supervisors regarding the relevance and quality of the project as part of your application.
- Click here to apply for the scholarship.
- Academic curriculum vitae.
- Official academic transcripts, degree certificate or testamur from awarding institution (including an explanation of the grading schema).
- Proof of citizenship.
- Proof of meeting the English language proficiency requirements.
- Invitation to Apply.
- Research proposal.
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for Monash University – Museums Victoria PhD Research Scholarship:
- Preferred Language: English Language Test requirements for General: (6.5) overall (no band less than 6.0) in IELTS, and (79 +) Reading 13, Listening 12, Speaking 18 & Writing 21 in TOEFL.
- English Language Test requirements for Arts, Business and Economics: (7) overall (no band less than 6.5) in IELTS, and (94 +) Reading 19, Listening 20, Speaking 20 & Writing 24 TOEFL.
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- A commencing or continuing full-time PhD student and enrolled in Research Quarter 1 (in the following year) at a Monash campus in Australia.
- Working on projects which are either co-supervised by Monash and Museums Victoria, or are substantially focused on some aspects of Museums Victoria’s collection.
- In the first two years of candidature and must meet all course requirements in a timely manner (e.g. milestones).
- A bachelor’s degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field.
- A course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field.
- A master’s degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners’ reports will be taken into account.
- Have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- Scholarships are awarded based on an applicant’s academic record, research output and prior research experience.
- Have not previously held an Australian Government or Monash-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than six months.
Application Closes: October 31, 2022
- You will be required to comply with Monash University’s RTP Scholarship policy and procedures.
- You must be willing to participate in activities showcasing the Robert Blackwood Partnership (e.g. research seminars, promotional events).
- You will be required to complete a report on the collaboration with Museums-Victoria following submission of your thesis.