Closing Dates: 24 August 2022Additionally, LSBU is dedicated to providing the greatest opportunities and education for its students. It implies that we provide our students with the credentials, know-how, and abilities they need for their jobs. We wish to be known as a model organization for excellent practice-led learning, supporting the growth of qualified graduates prepared to tackle social and corporate concerns.The application is open to students from the Caribbean and Africa.
About London South Bank University
Originally Borough Polytechnic Institute was established in 1892, it was known as London South Bank University. London’s Elephant and Castle is home to the LSBU. Through practical education and insight, LSBU aspires to impact people’s lives, communities, enterprises, and society as a whole. London South Bank University is ranked 801 in the world by Times Higher Education.Those who identify as having African or Caribbean ancestry and who wish to enroll in particular undergraduate surveying programs leading to Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accreditation are eligible for this scholarship opportunity. It will inspire qualified students to overcome obstacles and forge long-term careers in the real estate sector.
- You identify as being from an African and Caribbean heritage background.
- Your household income is less than £25k per annum.
- You will be under the age of 26 when you start the course.
- You are the first generation in your family to progress to higher education.
- You identify yourself as being disabled or having a specific learning difference.
- You have spent time in care in the UK, been placed in care, or are estranged from your family.
- Social services recognize you as a young adult career.
- You are entering Higher Education with a BTEC as your main qualification.
- You are a mature student (aged 21 years or over on 1 September before you start your course) who does not currently hold a bachelor’s degree.
All the following supporting information must be included as part of your application (we cannot accept separate supporting documents by email).
- Student beneficiaries will receive £10,000 per year for living expenses and access to real work experience opportunities in the industry.
- For students on a multi-year degree course, the bursary will be paid during each year of study, with the exception of students undertaking a placement year.
- Bursary recipients will receive their bursary in two equal instalments of £5,000.
- Continued receipt of the Bursary is conditional on students progressing to their next year of study.
Method of Application:
Great news! For the academic year 20222023, London South Bank University is happy to announce the Chancerygate Foundation Bursary for African and Caribbean students. Applications to the program are currently accepted by both new and current foreign students.
The university offers a BSc in building surveying or a BSc in quantity surveying as an undergraduate degree.
- Personal Statement (maximum 250 words per question)
- Your strengths and achievements to date. It can include both academic and personal achievements.
- What do you hope to go on to do when you complete your course.
- How and why the financial support will impact you and your studies?
- The applicants must meet the merit criteria and other additional requirements.
- The applicants are required to check and meet the English language requirements of their chosen university.