Submit the completed application by your respective deadline as noted in the Award Overview section.The purpose is to financially support students from underrepresented groups, specifically those who are Black or Indigenous and economically disadvantaged.The current award is up to ,000 The value of the award is subject to change without notice.In a single PDF, compile and upload all other requested documents, as communicated in the online application form
(i.e. Statement of Purpose, Offer Letter, Financial Need Assessment form, Academic History, Last PAC Report)
Selection Criteria for Institute of Medical Science :
This award is not available to:
- Are currently enrolled in an IMS graduate program (research stream)
- Are a domestic student in a research-based MSc or PhD program
- Have an A- average in their current graduate program. Applicants must have completed at least one graded graduate course to be eligible.
- Have completed a PAC meeting indicating satisfactory progress within the 6-8 month period prior to the deadline.
As part of the Institute of Medical Science’s mandate to support initiatives related to equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) and be a more proactive participant in fostering a diverse and inclusive academic environment, we will annually award up to 5 EDI bursaries (per bursary type) each year.
- Students who have entered their graduate program under the “Professional Earnings” category
- Clinician-scientists enrolled in a postgraduate medical education program
- Students registered in an IMS Professional Program
- Submit the application form and required documents online
- Provide a Statement of Purpose (maximum 250-word limit) that articulates the three points below. Please provide specific examples:
- Why do you consider yourself to be economically-disadvantaged (e.g. low family income, need to support
other members of family, recent dislocation, etc.)?
The University of Toronto is happy to offer this scholarship grants to all students who wants to commence a Masters or PhD degree at the University for the 2022/23 academic sessionApplicants must be entering an IMS graduate program (research stream) during the 2022-23 academic year (must provide an offer letter of admission)
Closing Dates: August 1, 2022