To apply online, you must create a personal account and verify your identity with Alberta Student Aid. For instructions, see:The University of Alberta is proud to partner with the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship Forum to provide study grant to outstanding young Canadian students for the 2022/23 academic session in CanadaTo successfully receive this scholarship, candidates must also meet these criteria:
Alexander Rutherford Scholarship at University of Alberta Study Eligibility:
This scholarship was named in honour of Alexander Rutherford, who had the distinction of being Alberta’s first Premier and Minister of Education. He was known for his strong support of public education, particularly the University of Alberta and his active involvement in community affairs.
- Be a Canadian Citizen, a Permanent Resident of Canada or Protected Person under Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, (Visa students are not eligible).
- Be an Alberta resident, and to be considered an Alberta resident the following conditions must apply:
- one parent or legal guardian must have maintained permanent residence in Canada for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to the applicant commencing a program of study;
- applicant has maintained permanent residence in Alberta at least 12-months prior to commencing a program of study;
- applicant is not eligible to receive a scholarship with respect to any grade unless the applicant or the applicant’s parent(s)/legal guardian were a resident in Alberta throughout the whole of that grade.
- Have completed high school on or after September 30, 1980.
- Be enrolled in a full course load in a designated post-secondary or an apprenticeship program of at least one semester in length.
Students will automatically be considered for the following awards when they apply for the Alexander Rutherford Scholarship. There is no separate application required for these awards.For more information and to how to submit an application, visit Alberta Student Aid directly. The 2022 Alexander Rutherford Scholarship at University of Alberta in Canada is available to applicants who have completed High School and wish to commence Undergraduate study at the University.Up to ,500To recognize and reward academic achievement of senior high school students and encourage them to pursue post-secondary studies.
- Alberta Residents
Courses/marks on an official Alberta Transcript of High School Achievement
- Completed High School Outside Alberta
Courses/marks that appear on an official high school transcript attained in another province
Location: CanadaApply once your official high school transcript marks are available and when you are enrolled in full-time post-secondary studies. Requirements for high school transcript marks will vary.
Value of Award
A student must have a minimum combined average based on five designated courses in at least one grade. Grade 10, 11 or 12 as calculated from:Once you have applied, you can check the status of your application on your Alberta Student Aid portal.PurposeApplication Type : Undergraduate degree