About Canadian Mennonite University:
To begin application procedures, applicants are required to download the Scholarship/Bursary Application Form to apply for one or more of the listed awards and submit your application by May 31 for the fall semester and by November 15 for the winter semester.
- All candidates admitted into a GSTM program at CMU may apply.
- Applicants must be full-time in the year that they receive the award. Full-time status is defined as a minimum of 18 credit hours over the full academic year, with a minimum of 6 credit hours in each of the fall and winter semesters.
- Applicants should complete CMU’s Graduate Studies Scholarship/Bursary Application. Returning students must also complete a supplemental form requiring two short essays and must submit a reference.
Requirements and Benefits:
- Each full-tuition award covers all tuition for the full academic year. It does not cover student fees, room, board, books, or other costs.
- Four awards are available for Canadian citizens or permanent residents. One award is available to international students (including US students).
- Full-tuition awards are awarded for one year. They do not automatically renew, but students can apply for the award each year and students can receive a full-tuition award for a maximum of three years.
- Applications are assessed based on a combination of academic excellence, financial need, and the criteria of the scholarship.
- Full-tuition awards can be held in conjunction with external funding, including a Canada Graduate Scholarship or Research Manitoba Award. A full-tuition award can be held consecutively, but not concurrently with a Sheep and Goats Bursary.
- Full-tuition awards will not cover the cost of courses taken outside of CMU
For more information contact the Financial and Student Services Advisor at [email protected].
- CMU International Student Bursary
- Jacob A. Rempel Memorial Scholarship
- Carole Louise Sawatzky Seminary/Graduate Studies Bursary
- EMC Graduate Studies Bursary
- The John and Katie Friesen Bursary for Pastoral Ministry
- The Nicholas and Tina Fransen Scholarship
- The Victor Schroeder Memorial Scholarship
- The Portage Mennonite Church Leadership Scholarship
- Dr. Gerhard Lohrenz Bursary
- William and Helen Klassen Student Ministry Scholarship
- Gordon and Nettie Dueck Biblical Studies Bursary for International Students
- The Jacob and Sara Schroeder Practical Theology Scholarship
- Elizabeth Buckland Memorial Scholarship
- International Mennonite Women in Ministry Leadership Bursary
- Sheep and Goats – MDS Service Bursary
- The Timothy Chiu Chen Seminary Scholarship
- H.W. Redekopp Scholarship in Theology
- Arthur & Helen Rempel Peacebuilding Bursary
- Gary and Patricia Rempel Peacebuilding Scholarship
Be among the first to know whenever new Scholarships is going on. Enter your email address and click the Subscribe button ↓